We are winding up this series with the family and with 734 page views you have been a wonderful class!
On this last class we will focus on the follow questions:
1. What do you think are the biggest issues facing "our" families?
2. What do you feel are the biggest issues facing our children?
3. What should we be doing that we are not with regard to the "Godly Family"?
Let's be prepared to use the blog in order to capture your powerful insight!
I look foward to rejoicing in the Lord with you as we experience the awsome power of the Holy Ghost together.
-Min. Michael T.
Q1. I think there are two major factors facing families today which are time & finances. Lack of or poor time management causes a trickle effect. No time= no communication, no time- no quality family time. no time= less quality meals. no time= poor health habits. And finances can cause another set of problems, mainly stress.
ReplyDeleteTo go along with Sis. Smith, I also believe that balance is a big issue facing our families. We are heavily involved at church, with our jobs, our children and their activities, family life, and maintaining marriage (for those married), Sometimes it becomes a challenge to strike a good balance between all of those elements.
DeleteI agree with Gloria. The ONLY WAY to maximize our time is to set your time for what's important instead of letting time tell you what u can't do
DeleteQ2. Children today are faced with strong forces of peer pressure as it relates to sexuality, being like the Jones, drugs & alcohol.Children today do not fear God in the respect of heaven or hell. They have the attitude I'm young it won't happen to me and although they see it daily their actions prove show their beliefs.
ReplyDeleteQ3. We are not meeting people where they're at. Every family is not on the same level and we need to stop treating them as though they are. We can work toward that goal but we can't start families all at the same place. If I have an addiction it doesn't just effect me but my family, if I am broke it doesn't just effect me but my family. If I don't know the Bible like you, can someone meet me where I'm at. Godly families are like gardens that need to be nurtured. We all start with a seed, but the care, fertiliztion and quality time spent will determine the finished product.
ReplyDeleteWhat are we spending time on? As the coming of God draws nigh time is really speeding up. Timenis not constant. We must use it wisely. You reap what you sow!!!!
ReplyDelete